Thursday, July 24, 2008

Our Summer Vaction--The Friday the 13th Flight...

Our summer vacation to Idaho started on Friday, June 13Th and it was a "Freaky Friday!" I'll Skip all the boring stuff and give the cliff notes of the flight.

First, I forgot my drivers license in the car after Sherstine dropped is off at 5 am! She did not have her phone on her, so we were working on a time crunch. We called and awoke her husband Wayne with strict instructions on Sherstine's speedy return to the airport. She is such a great friend, and broke several traffic laws--and arrived with my license only 2 minutes before the "checked bag deadline!!"

The second disaster started on the first leg of our flight. Both kiddos had wardrobe malfunctions. In our hast to make our 7am flight we forgot to change Cohen's diaper (Yes, he is still in diapers--my head is hanging in shame. I digress...) and his pants were soaked through. About the same time we made this discovery Eli had a rumble down under and had a "blow out"--err up--whatever! I forgot to plan for the worst and did not have any extra clothes. So we walked off the plane with two kids in only diapers. Can you say, "Ghetto Fabulous!!"

I ran frantically around the DFW airport trying to find a onesie and pants for Cohen. No such luck on pants for the Co-daddy, and he wore dried "pee pee pants!" Poor Cohen. Eli did not have pants either, but I did find a 12 month t-shirt for his top.

The third problem was our time crunch. After arriving in Utah, we needed to hurry to Idaho in time to make the endowment session and for Cody's fiance, Brittany. We did our best and arrived only 15 minutes before the session started. With little time to plan a babysitter only Marshall was able to attend. Oh well, at least he made it!

5 comments:

Cody & Brittany Hawkes said...

haha...michelle i love you! that is so funny, but not at the same time. I don't think I heard all of that story..Well- I think you're the best mother..serisouly stuff happens, but they make great stories afterward. We miss you like crazy!! hope all is well back at home. ps- if u didn't notice, I joined the blogging group :) yay! xoxo

Mandi and Jeff said...

What a hilarious day. I wish I could have seen you walking off the plane with two diaper boys:) We have missed you so much. Glad to have you home!

the mortensen's said...

It's alright. I've always known your were ghetto fabulous! I think you get it from the Marsh!
Miss you guys!

Clint and Kristen Family said...

Poor Mish, if only things were easier from here...alas, they are not!! I have put new pictures of you and your kids on my blog today.

Jamie said...

you're back!!!!! i've been missing you and thinking about you! we need to catch up!