Monday, April 28, 2008

Blessing Eli...

We blessed Baby Eli Chase Hawkes on Sunday March 30th, 2008. Thankfully there were not problems. He did not poop on his outfit, nor mine, nor Marshall's and was nice and quiet during the blessing. However, I cannot say the same for Cohen. He saw that his Dad was missing from our row and started yelling out, "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!"

The blessing was great. Marshall did a good job and blessed Eli with all of the wonderful, usual blessing things: Health, strength, desire to serve, etc. In the circle we had the Louisville 6th ward bishop and counselors, Wayne Mortensen, and our Home Teacher Brother Gillenwater.
The Mortensen's also blessed their sweet baby, "Gavin" just after ours. Here are some photos of our two families taken outside the chapel.
Here is a photo with me and Eli at our house. He was so sleepy and Mom awoke him for a photo.

I love, love, love being his mother. What a great blessing he is in our lives.

5 comments:

mary jane said...

Wish we could have been there! All of you look GREAT! Love to hear about Cohen-sounds like a 2 year old! It sounds like the day turned out great!

Mary Jane

Lacy Rane said...

Eli is so adorable . . . and getting so big! That happens way too fast if you ask me. I love his little blue sweater. I also love that I enjoyed looking at your pictures, but then thought "I wonder why Cohen wasn't in the family picture?" Oh wait . . . he is . . . barely! That's how Talie is with camera's these days as well . . . not interested. I'm glad it went well though. We are blessing Peyton this coming weekend so wish us luck!

Amy and Cameron said...

Congrats on all the great happenings. Marshall rules!!

the mortensen's said...

I still have pictures I need to e-mail. Sorry, I'm a bad person

Jamie said...

look at you- you look awesome and little eli....what a sweet little boy- he looks like he's growing as fast as ava!! :(

sure miss you!