Monday, April 9, 2007

7 Hours in the Airport with a Toddler!!

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale...

Our flight home from Utah left at 8:20 am. The flight started with Cohen crying, and ended with Cohen crying. He finally fell asleep as we were taxi-ing to our gate. Just my luck. I had to wake him up and exit the plane.

The next three hours are a blurr. I tried to keep Cohen awake so he would sleep on the next flight. We ate, we pooped, and we waited for 3:06pm to come. At 2:00pm our gate attendant announced that the flight was full, and that they were offering a free ticket to anyone who would give up their seat, and wait for the next flight. They announced this THREE times before I accepted the offer.

What the heck was I doing!!! Four more hours in the airport with Cohen! I must have altitude sickness!

You may think I am crazy, but once we decided to stay, things got much better. I reclined his stroller seat and he took a 2 hour snoozer. While he was asleep I got a make over at the airport Clinique counter, and a massage from the Brookstone chair. I ate some delicious fudge and bought Marshall a birthday present. After Cohen woke up we found a children's play ground. He had so much fun driving the pretend baggage trolley. The four hours flew by so fast--and I got a free ticket. :)



3 comments:

Max Fam said...

You are a brave woman to get that free airline ticket! Good for you....I will do anything for a free airline ticket. I'v been dying for an update to your cute blog!

lacy lee said...

THis is the first pic I've seen of Cohen since his birth announcement. He is a perfect mix of you and Marshall. What a cutie!

Jamie said...

I've been waiting for you to make some posts!!!!!!
You are awesome....I love your airport story!