Sunday, February 10, 2008

Eli Chase Hawkes has arrived...

Baby boy Hawkes #2 has arrived. He was born on February 5th, which was also Fat Tuesday and Super Tuesday this year! Our day started at the hospital at around 8:00am. They started me on the pit drip and gradually increased the amount until I was ready to push at 2:45pm. Eli was delivered in two pushes!! There was a short moment of panic for me when they told me he had the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck. They cut the cord and suctioned his airway. A huge relief came when I heard his sweet new baby cry.



Eli weighed 8 lbs and is 19 inches in length. When Marsh and I got our first good look at him, be both said the he looks a lot like Cohen. So, I guess we have a brand. :)


Cohen is so excited to have a baby brother. He loves to give him kisses all over his face and forehead. Since we have been home, Cohen wakes up in the morning and immediately starts asking to see his, "mya-bebe."

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

He is so cute and I'm glad you put up pictures! I'm sure Cohen will make a splendid big brother! Let me know if you need anything...since I'm just up the road :)

Perrero Clan said...

I LOVE this last picture of Cowen and Eli! It is sooo cute! That is so fun that he has a little brother. That is going to be so great for Cowen. I still can't believe it only took 2 pushes to get Eli out! He's such a cutie!
Get feeling better and a fast recovery!

Brady and Kariann said...

Congrats!! He is such a cute little guy. I love the pictures of Cowen and Eli together. Let me know what I can do for you - seriously :)!!

Lacy Rane said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! We are so excited for you. Eli is absolutely adorable. I'm glad to hear that Cohen is adjusting well . . . I love the pictures of the two of them. How are YOU doing?!?!

mary jane said...

We are so happy for the Hawkes family!! Good Job Michelle :)! Sending all of our love from your ol' hangout in Mansfield!!

The Lowry Family

Lindsay said...

Congratulations! Is it easier the second time around? He is so cute - you guys have a very nice "brand" if I say so myself. And I love Cohen's sweet shirt!

Meridyth said...

I can't wait to see him! He is so cute! I love the name you have given him. COngratulations!

Clint and Kristen Family said...

Mish and Marsh, I love you guys so much! I am afraid to call your phones in case you are feeding or sleeping!! He is so beautiful and Cohen is going to have so much fun.

the mortensen's said...

I've been waiting for the blog! I just realized, I have yet to hold him!!! How many times have I seen him and I haven't held him, what's the deal? How are the ladies?

Amy and Cameron said...

Eli looks so much like Cohen! How cute! I'm glad that everything went well in the delivery. Congratulations!

Jamie said...

oh my word....he's SO SWEET!!!!!!!! And I love the name! You look so beautiful!!

We'll have to get little Ava and Eli together- after all they share the same birthday! I swear we must be long lost sisters! Call me when you get a minute- I'm dying to catch up! Congratulations! love ya!

Jamie said...

happy valentines day!